When life gets a little too hard , I think of opening my sketchbook and putting all my negativity into drawing . I think of travelling away to far corners of the earth for new experiences . I think of creating beautiful dresses that people long to wear . I dream of floating weightless , among the stars . But in reality , when life gets a little too hard , I light up a cigarette in the smallest bathroom in my house and I sit on top of the cold white toilet seat cover and write . Sounds kind of unglamorous , I know . But it's the truth .
It's the only thing I really know how to do , as sad as that may sound .
What other way to get lost than in words that can take you a thousand miles away from your saddest situation ? Where can you really run to to escape from thoughts that will eat you up wherever you go ?
My cigarette is coming to an end and it feels as if it's an omen of impending doom and once it's over , everything will come crashing in back at me .
Excuse me while I enjoy these amazing last few seconds of my nicotine stick .
Comments
Post a Comment